Days out near Javea
Javea is in ideal location for visitors to explore northern Costa Blanca. With stunning sites locally and further afield, there is plenty to do for all the family.
Within a short driving distance are the towns of Denia, Benidorm, Olivia, Gandia, Altea, Calpe which are all worth exploring.
Accessible beaches – La Granadella Beach
The lovely pebble beach of Granadella is 220 metres in length, is nestled in a creek and surrounded by pine trees. The beach is only accessible by car. The road to the beach is a fantastic drive. You’ll find yourself winding through pine forests to get to the cove. There are good facilities for the disabled including toilets and showers. There is parking, the Red Cross, Lifeguards, restaurants and beach bars. Tip: Get to Granadella early to avoid traffic which will get busy in the peak high-season.
“La Granadella Beach is a must visit if you love spending a day at the beach” Lee.
Accessible beaches – The Arenal
The Arenal is a fantastic safe beach that is away from the road. Featuring beautiful soft sand, the beach is ideal for families allowing children to run around. Featuring volleyball courts, a children’s play area, the beach is popular both day and night. Lifeguards and the Red Cross are on site. For disabled people there are toilets and changing facilities. There is the facility to assist wheelchair users to the water via a special chair.
For the more able-bodied there is an abundance of choice for water sports. There is also a small island to dive off of.
Safe sandy beaches, lots of bars and beautiful sea, always fun times at the Arenal. Lee
Wheelchair friendly days out
All of the following venues are all wheelchair friendly.
- Aqualandia – Water park in Benidorm
- MundoMar – Sea life park in Benidorm; offers swimming with dolphins and sea lions
- TerraNatura – Water and wildlife park in Benidorm
- Terra Mitica – Theme park in Benidorm
See Trip Advisor for more things to do in and around Javea.
Public holidays (national) in Spain 2016
- 1st January – New Year’s Day
- 6th January – Epiphany
- 24th March – Maundy Thursday
- 25th March – Good Friday
- 28th March – Easter Monday
- May 2nd – Labour Day Holiday
- August 15th – Assumption Day
- October 12th – Hispanic Day
- November 1st – All Saints’ Day
- December 6th – Constitution Day
- December 8th – immaculate Conception
- December 26th – in lieu of Christmas Day