Travel and transport to the villa for families
and guests with impaired mobility
Information on getting to Javea and Villa Olivo
Some common questions
Q. Will I need to rent a car?
A. It is recommended, but not essential. We have guests who use local taxis when at the villa. The nearest supermarket is three minutes away by car. The beach, bars and restaurants are just five minutes by taxi. A taxi to the beach is typically 8€.
Q. Do you have a WAV that can be rented?
A. No, sadly not. If you require a WAV, we can put you in contact with a rental business.
Q. Is it easy to get wheelchair accessible taxis to/from the airport
A. Yes, they can be booked in advance and are typically available.
Q. Does it matter what airline I fly with?
A. No, once in the aeroplane they are all very similar, it is the special assistance teams that look after anyone requiring assistance
Q. How long does it take to get to the villa from the airports?
A. Typically, it takes 70 minutes from Alicante airport, and 80 mins from Valencia airport
The nearest airports are Alicante, Valencia. Both have very good special assistance teams.
- When booking the flight, inform the airline of any travellers who have a disability
- Once checked in at the airport, inform the airport handling team of assistance required
- Assistance teams in Spain are called ‘Sin Barreas’ meaning ‘No Barriers’. They are very recognisable with their yellow/brown uniforms
Driving to Villa Olivo from the UK
Accor Hotel group for hotel stops. Novotel hotels are particularly good with accessible family rooms and usually good on-site parking.
- Day one: Folkestone to Calais, Calais to Clermont Ferrand
- Day two: Clermont Ferrand to Girona
- Day three: Girona to Javea
Auto tolls are available in both France and Spain. I recommend investing in the auto tolls for both countries as it speeds the journey up and is less hassle. Remember, tolls can get busy at peak times so anything you can do to speed the journey-up is a bonus.
Further routes to Spain can be found at the following website: http://about-france.com/tourism/routes-to-spain.htm
- Ferry to Santander from Portsmouth – see the Brittany Ferries website for further information
Wheelchair friendly taxis
Many taxis in Spain are wheelchair accessible. Here are some specific wheelchair friendly taxi numbers. Many of the taxi companies in Javea speak English.
- Radio Taxi Javea: +34 965 79 32 34